Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The foodie left loose in Delhi

Okay... so I may not know about the food or places that are considered the best in Delhi. But I do however, have a nice taste of my own. The over-excited tongue that I was born with, adds fuel to fire when it comes to food. So here are what I think are some must-haves food items if you are visiting Delhi. There may however be more, I think for one time these should be enough.
So here is my 5 point hit list that tells you why I love Delhi so much...
1. Crazy Cow fast food chinese joint
Where: Rajouri Garden
What to have: Chicken hot n hour soup and Chilly Chicken Dry. I have yet to find a better chilly chicken in Delhi.
Price: Not more than Rs.130

2. Panchkuian Samose Wala
Where: Several places in Delhi
What to have: Daal and gobhi samosa served with a gravy. You might feel corrupted if you are on a diet, but honestly, these triangular darlings are worth it.
Price: Rs.30 per plate

3. Aromas of China
Where: Ambi Mall - Gurgaon
What to have: A lavish lunch chinese buffet. If you want to indulge in some good endless chinese victuals, this is the place. Not only is the ambience nice, the wide variety is a bliss. If you visit once, you are sure to become a regular.
Price: Ranges from Rs.299 to 399 per head

4. Bengali Market ki Chaat
Where: Bengali Market
What to have: Golgappas, papdi chaat and practically everything they serve. Bengal Sweets and Nathu's are the monopolists. Nathu's bakery serves some very delectable items.
Price: Rs 20 - Rs 500 (depending on how much you can eat)

5. Kamla Nagar Bread Pakoda Wala
Where: Bungalow Road (Kamla Nagar)
When: Only in the evenings.
What to have: Obviously bread pakodas. Bites aren't enough. Have them hot or pack and take home, the yummy bread pakodas you get here are nothing but a masterpiece.

So my dear foodies, try these victuals out and enjoy...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

and u didn't take me to any of the places..

Unknown said...

Some places are better left to be explored with a lot of time on hands.