Monday, April 7, 2008

My love for pink carnations

I usually am not very flattered when someone gives me flowers. It is soo damn cliched'. Flowers should depict love and care. But somehow, now it is just an easier way to get some trouble off your way like simply bringing some flowers to a friend's birthday party. I mean c'mon, who gives flowers on a birthday. Honestly, I have received plenty of flowers for plenty occasions and I know that they aren't carrying anyone's emotions. They just are an easy way to get away with the hassle of thinking about getting someone the right gift and actually taking out time to go and buy it. Most people think, "oh c'mon, who doesn't like flowers". But really, those non-living beautiful to look at flowers die faster than the happy feeling of any event. Sure, it is an effort to buy a gift, but isn't that what gifts are about. Well, coming back to the liking/ disliking for flowers (liking and disliking coz I can't decide whether I like them or not), there is something hypocritical about my own opinion. I just love pink carnations. Surprisingly, they make me feel like I am beign complimented. WOW. They are a true heart stealer.
May be it has something to do with being a writer (whether a good or a bad one is for another discussion). And what makes me feel even better is that fact that even carrie bradshaw likes them in sex and the city. I mean c'mon, isnt that too much of a coincidence? Although she throws them away after her senseless and insulting breakup with Jack Burger, she really did like them, just like me :) . Just hoping that my love for those adorable flowers doesn't end like her's.

No comments: