Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wedding jitters

There is something strange about being in the so-called marriageable age. The moment you realise that your next aim is almost achieved and that you are at a stage in life where everyone else gets married, a weird churning of emotions begins. Even if you are one of those who believe that you aren't influenced by what others do, this is where you have no say. Not to mention the constant convincing. Parents, brothers, sisters, friends, colleagues, cousins and even the kaam wali bai would know that you are now ready for marriage even if you think you are far behind 'the age'.

No points for guessing, I am (or so they say) in the marriageable age. Be it lectures on getting married in time, finding a caring person for life or settling down, all speeches have more or less had the same content. Of course, we all like weddings. Or is it the partying we like? Hard to decide. So here I am, loving the moment even though everyone is trying hard to change my home address. Shaadi vicholas, words of mouth and even matrimony sites, I am trying it all. The only good part is, these days even the girls get to see the pics and bio-datas (yes I have all of those) and I have recently seen some good ones. I am not complaining but there is a feeling in me that something is going to happen soon - hence all the excitement. I am getting wedding jitters even though nothing is fixed and nothing is happening. If anyone knows, please, HELP.

No comments: