Monday, August 18, 2008

When family favours competition

There are only a few times when you blog becomes a platform for frustration excretion. The time is very auspicious and the moment is very special. In fact, its the most special event in my life yet. Its my brother's engagement. The moment is very emotional and very close to our hearts of course. So yes, its all good. May be not yet. Whenever there is such an occasion in your home, people who repel you would surround you somehow. And no matter how much you want to avoid them, there is just no way out.

I don't know how true it is, but there are people who give a negative vibe. There is something about them that makes you uncomfortable. A similar problem is why this new post exists. Let me start from the beginning. My mother is a very sweet and innocent lady. She tries to keep everyone happy and is pretty social as well. So here comes a turn, I may be a little stupid and idiotic, a little sweet too sometimes, but there are times when me and mom stand apart. Lets just say her innocence is responsible to make her a little gullible. She gets convinced kinda easily. So the story is that she has a friend whose daughter is into gift wrapping business, and from what I have heard, she is damn expensive (read it as not worth it). So anyways, since I am not bad in fancy gift wrapping I hardly care how good she is. Also worth a mention here is the fact that I get a negative vibe from her. She is just not as clear hearted. So today, while I sit here in the office figuring out how I can squeeze time off work, mom tells me that she is willing to offer the mean girl some business from our end. BAM! goes my brain. I get furious and totally loose it.
What the heck? I am good enough, why of all people do you have to go to her mom? I wanted to wrap everything myself, I have love inside me and everything I do for this occasion will be full of love. Problem: I am convinced that I am good enough but mom being convinced to go to her means that she isn't confident of my work.

Does anyone have a solution?

No comments: