Monday, May 5, 2008

Love - is it really ever true?

Today I read an article about a couple who got together even three years of living apart. Not saying that this is something we haven't heard of before, its just a little surprising. It makes me wonder, how much did they compromise? And more importantly, how much were they willing? Is it really true love that stands no matter what, or is just fate that leads one thing to the other.

I can say for sure that long distance relationships are the most difficult type of pre-marriage compromises a couple makes. Having gone through this pain myself, I know for sure, how painful it is to keep going, letting go and getting over the guilt of such relationship. Yes, I have had a failed long distance relationship. Some people might consider this bad on my part because moving out of the relationship was my call. But little known is the fact that, most long distance relationships lead to a lot of suffering and most of them do not work out. For the lucky ones that is, of course, they are different - they are lucky.

But every time I encounter this subject, I am guilt ridden, not only of leaving him, but also of not proving myself as patient and as loving and caring as I like to believe myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in such relationships more than believing in luck the two people should believe in each other. There are millions of people who carry on their relationship from school and still get married. they dont do any compromise but believe in themselves that they can do it.

if you think just one bad day in a relationship can spoil the three years of togetherness, you're wrong.

if you talk about compromise...the person you will be with now will be a compromise after having spent such a long time with a person for whom your love started in your heart and went to the eyes...

he might be the biggest fool in this world but...what he feels for you is "Love.....it is really true!"

to believe it or not is your problem...